Within the framework of the Traveling for Arts and Crafts Residency (former programme Traveling to learn Arts and Crafts), created under the patronage of the French National Commission for UNESCO in partnership with UNESCO. The residency is managed by the Fondation Culture & Diversité.
The aim of the residency is to enable Arts and Crafts students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a study tour abroad. It allows young French scholarship students nearing the end of their studies to discover the know-how of craftspeople in developing countries; and it allows students from developing countries to discover the know-how of French craftspeople.
This residency helps students launching their career by enabling them to work in a professional environment; acquire new skills and cultural experiences abroad; design and create innovative objects; develop a professional network; and participate and present their work at international fairs.
Click here for more information.
The Foundation Culture & Diversité is currently launching the call for applications, which is why we are contacting you.
They are looking for schools/universities/training centres/institutes, with an Arts and Crafts department, in which the call for applications could be announced.
Please find attached:
The call for applications may be launched in as many schools/universities/training centres/institutes and as many countries as you deem relevant.
Applications must be returned to the Project Manager of the Fondation Culture & Diversité, Ms Julie BOURDEL firstname.lastname@example.org email only before the 8th of November 2019.
A maximum number of three (03) applications per country may be sent. Please note that the Fondation Culture & Diversitédoes not guarantee that a candidate per country will be selected.
In order to respect the three (03) applications per country and in the event that the number of applications are more than three, we invite you to request a group of artists to preselect if necessary according to the artistic quality using the following criteria:
- Level of study of at least 2 years equivalent to an Arts & Crafts Diploma,
- Enrolled in Arts & Crafts schools/institutes/universities,
- Recipients of scholarships and awards (and being able to give proof of it)
- Having less than 28 years old
- Speaking French and English.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants must be students and not senior artists.
- Must complete carefully the candidate application form and apply for one of the study tours presented in the candidate application form,
- Must join pictures of their works,
- Must join a video presentation: length 4 to 6 minutes (content: presentation of themselves, of their motivation, of what they want to learn/discover thanks to the residency and of their future professional project).